Thursday 10 March 2011

Bingo Junkies and such...


We are back in Davidson at the Wilson's house... nice to be in a familiar place and have a landing spot at the end of each day.

We arrived back from our adventures on Fraser Island Tuesday night and they deserve a whole blog of their own, but we will wait til we get home to publish it!  From Fraser Island we drove back down to Noosa, where Tyson spent more of his birthday money at Billabong.  We could tell he really wanted to shop there because at least once a day he would ask if we were going back to Noosa.  Then when we got back to Noosa, you could tell he was getting concerned about what time the shops closed and encouraged us to hurry along our business in the most polite of ways.

From Noosa we took off to Marrocchydore to stay the night, and catch our flight the next day.  We stayed at the Hot Spot Motel, and Stu had to clarify with us whether or not be paid by the hour or by the night, with a name like that.  It was by the night, for those interested!

The room was different then what we had just stayed in, up on Fraser Island.  It was a painted white concrete room with a double bed, and a single bed in the kitchenette.  It was dodgy, but clean and I guess that's what counted.  We all slept well... considering the last time we were all in a hotel room together (Florida), I was ready to put Tyson in a tub- close the door and turn on a very loud fan!!  (For those who don't know- he is a loud, restless sleeper!)

We did well, until about 5:30 a.m.  Normally, the birds are up around that time and they wake us up.  But at this motel, the garbage truck was what woke us up at that time.  It was as if it was just outside our window.  I think I prefer the birds.

We went to the RSL Club for dinner and it was pretty good.  Cheap at least, we joined in on their trivia contest, but didn't fair too well.  Either way it was fun to join in with the locals.  An RSL Club is similar to our Legion's I guess, but they are much more impressive.

Our day waiting for our flight, was spent heading to the beach and a mall with a river that ran through it. It was pretty impressive.  It was an outdoor mall and it was huge- but really pretty to walk around.

Pearl and I didn't venture down to the beach as it was super windy day.  So, instead we signed ourselves into the Surf Club and hung out with the people there.  They were all playing Bingo, and I thought it would be fun to join in, as well as it would pass the time.  I bought about five dollars worth of cards and Pearl and I tried to find a seat to sit.  It felt like I was in a high school movie, where the geeky girl tries to find a seat, but everyone keeps their eyes down hoping she won't try to sit with them (or making it clear that she wasn't welcome to sit with them).  That was Pearl and I, these people were such Bingo junkies that they couldn't see how cute Pearl was and didn't want to have anything to do with such a distraction.

So, the one guy sat us up in a corner on our own.  I attempted to figure out how to play the game, and it was nothing like it was in grade school with the letters B I N G O along the top of the page.  This was serious stuff!  Pearl wasn't even crying, just making happy sounds and the people around were giving us dirty looks.  Eventually, the manager suggested I leave that area and go somewhere where I could keep her quiet.  So, we moved to the other side of the room, alone and eventually we said "Stuff it"... and left. I so wanted to win, just to rub it in to the Bingo Junkies noses... but no such luck!

I got thinking... though... and probably a Bingo Hall is not that best spot for a mom and baby.  Not because I was distracting the junkies, but because what is a mother of an infant in doing playing Bingo.  But, then I thought maybe the junkies... weren't fazed by it because that's normal.  It's a whole other culture in a Bingo Hall.

We then waited at the airport to fly back to Sydney.  Caught up on journalling and life in the airport.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.Keep up the good work!http://onlinebaccaratrules2.com

    ReplyDelete