Thursday 17 March 2011

The Pattersons have landed.

We've returned home after a long, but uneventful plane ride back to Toronto.  The morning started early, and a ride to the airport with Bill before he had to go to work.  Traffic was busy, which meant we waited in some spots, but meant we didn't wait long in line at the airport because everyone else had checked in.

As we drove over the Harbour Bridge one last time, I said to Tyson "Take a good look at the Opera House, it may be the last time you see it".  He replied with, "I doubt it, I'll be back."  Hmm, we may have created a World traveller, which I'm quite happy about.  We told him, if he goes on an exchange in University, we can make a trip out of it.  We'll pick our top three countries and give him the list.

Although long, the plane ride was good.  It wasn't nearly as full as on the way over, so this meant that Pearl and I shared three seats to ourselves.  Great for napping.  And Dan and Tyson shared three seats as well.  We all seemed to sleep a bit more than we did on the way over.  I was able to watch more movies this time around and read some of my book.  In the scheme of things, this is a big accomplishment.

We met lots of nice people on their way over to Canada, getting ready to visit their grandchildren.  I think this is why Pearl got so attention.  Our hellos then turned into stories about the children they were about to go visit and how excited they were to see them.  I replied that Tyson and Pearl's grandparents are probably just as excited to see theirs as well.

Vancouver was an easy time.  We landed and had an hour to get off the plane, go through customs, pick up or bags and recheck them.  I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough time, but it was a pretty smooth operation and we had plenty of time before we had to reboard the plane.  Again, the flight was uneventful and the food was horrible, however you can't expect gourmet for airplane food, right?

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Morgan and Pauline and my mom.  They had a sign for us and it was obvious they were excited to have us home, by the grins on their faces.  Of course, they noticed how much both Tyson and Pearl grew during their time away.  The sunshine did them well!  They thought Dan and I looked relaxed and we thought it's easy to be in the sunshine and no job to worry about.

So, we're back in Stratford now.  Adjusting to life off holidays.  I guess it's time to plan the next vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment