Friday 11 March 2011

Olympic Park- 10 years later

Today was a fun day, as we ventured out to HomeBush Bay also known as Olympic Park.  It was cool to see the park ten years later.  Although different, it was still neat to be there and be reminded of my time at the Olympics in 2000.

Australia has done a great job of keeping up the space and utilizing it for everyday use.  We went to the Aquatic Centre and there was a swim meet happening.  Imagine the stands full of grade 8-12 girls, screaming for their teammates.  It was loud.

They also had a splash park in the centre, which was really fun for all of us to play in.  Pearl loves the water!!  And, Tyson obviously also loves the water.  There was a waterslide in the park which kept us busy for the time we were there.



We took pictures of the park- thinking we could show Dan Mathieson the layout and encourage an indoor Splash Pad at the Rotary Complex.  It was great.

I found my name on the volunteer posts at the park.  Tyson had two minutes to locate my name, or else he didn't get dinner.  Just joking, but he did manage to find the my name in one minute forty three seconds!  It was pretty neat to see.

I'll write more tomorrow.  I'm tired and I can't watch the news anymore, it's difficult to watch the coverage on the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment