Saturday 26 February 2011

Life's a Beach

Just returned to the Wilson's from Dee Why beach today.  We slept over at Kristi and Stu's last night... they live right on the beach in a 2 bedroom "flat".  The sun was hot and I may have got a little bit of a burn.  I'm sure it will turn into a tan soon enough.

We bought a little pop up tent for Pearl while on the beach.  Seemed to work well, although putting it back in the case once finished using proved to be a bit more challenging.  However, with team work we managed to wrestle it down to size.

Pearl is enjoying her time here... expanding her senses that's for sure.  Tasting salt water on her skin, the grit of sand mixed with "organic" sunscreen.  (That's for the people who say baby's shouldn't wear sun screen before 6 months).  Not to worry this stuff is okay for babies.  And the breeze is keeping her awake when we are on the beach.  We have to wrap her up so, she doesn't feel it to fall asleep.

In Dee Why we splashed around in the ocean, body surfing and catching waves.  Enjoyed some fish and chips on the beach and wondered what everyone else was doing in the snow.

We are still getting used to the driving and by far it makes for the most humorous and stressful parts of the day.  Dan's doing a great job driving... but navigating the streets and continually self talking yourself through staying on the proper side of the road can be tiring.

Yesterday was a relaxing day around the Wilson's in the morning.  Went for a swim and chilled out around the house.  Then, we went to Manly for "Surf Camp".  Dan and Tyson had their lesson's around four o'clock for a couple hours... and managed to ingest a whole lot of salt water in those two hours.  They did a great job and were able to catch a few ways and get up on the board several times.  Both of them could adjust quite well to the surf culture.

Marilyn and I sat on the beach with Pearl and watched them "rip" around.  I didn't realize what a huge amount of work a baby and the beach is.  Luckily, Marilyn came along to help me out.  She must have known what I was in for.

While we were on the beach having a "coffee", Marilyn pointed out a guy who looked like Cameron, a friend I met here in 2000 and 2002.  I ran after him and tapped him on the shoulder.  He wasn't sure who I was with my sunglasses on, then when I pulled them off- he knew who I was.  I guess after not seeing me for nine years, looks can change.  It was good to catch up with him (the last time I saw him was at Kristi and Stu's wedding)

In the evening, we went to the World Food Market in Manly for dinner.  It was outdoors, with patio lanterns and live music.  The weather was perfect for it and it was nice to be with good friends enjoying good company.

All in all we continue to have a great time.  We are learning to be flexible and work as a team- given that we are completely out of a normal at home routine.


Here we are at the World Food Market in Manly.



The boys at Surf Camp... practicing their moves before they hit the surf
Catchin some rays in the pool at the Wilson's house.
Pearl and I looking at the fish.

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures Morgan, looks like you guys are having a good time! Love the picture of you and Pearl ~ so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoying your blogs Morgan-you should have been a journalist.The photos are great-the one with you &Pearl is a "Kodak Moment"
    Look fwd. to the boys skipping the waves.
    Happy Birthday Bieber on the 28th[I'm old I have to do it when I think of it]
    Enjoy and God Bless
    Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics!!!
    LOVE the one of you and Pearl...she looks so in awe. It's absolutely beautiful.
    Happy Birthday to Tyson!

    ReplyDelete