Thursday 24 February 2011

Not cut out for The Amazing Race

Today was the day I realized I would not be a candidate for The Amazing Race.  You know when they show couples fighting and acting crazy... and you think to yourself... "Gee, what's her problem, give the guy a break!".  Yeah, that would be what people would say about me.  I wasn't a nasty wife, just a panicky stressed out one.  Dan drove to Manly.  I sat in the front seat, attempting to navigate and Tyson and Pearl in the back.  Eventually, I gave Tyson the map to navigate.  I gave up trying to follow it... I couldn't worry for our lives and read a map at the same time!

Truthfully, it was funny... and we had a few good laughs about it.  We got lost multiple times and Tyson learned to say "Hey, I'm not sayin... where we should go... I'm not taken the fall".  So, finally we found a parking spot in Manly and left the car there for the day.

We took the ferry to Sydney (Circular Quay) from Manly and checked out the bridge, the Opera House, Botanical Gardens, Darling Harbour, and our favourite Sydney Aquarium.  I'm pretty sure Tyson enjoyed the Aquarium most.  There were tons of cool fish and water creatures throughout.  The best part was you could walk through a glass tunnel... while fish and sharks swam all around you.  Pearl woke up while we were walking through the tunnel and she loved it.

We decided if we had lots of extra money we would build a life size aquarium in our living room to keep Tyson and Pearl entertained.  Maybe if we put on an addition.

Everyone is almost over jetlag, including Pearl- which is really nice.  She's being so great with sleeping, eating and her over all good personality.  And, as for the rest of we are doing well with sleeping, eating and our good personalities.

Tomorrow, we are going back to Manly for surf camp and a tour around the place.  We are going to have sleep over at Kristi and Stu's as well, with a day at the beach to follow.

We leave for Noosa on Sunday.  And start preparing to have a 13 year old boy in our family on the 28th.  Wowzers!!

I'll insert more humour tomorrow.

The Patterson's at The Sydney Aquarium.

Here we are at the Sydney Harbour Bridge with the Opera House to what would be our left.

Tyson and Pearl with a Boxing Kangaroo.

No comments:

Post a Comment