Tuesday 22 February 2011

Wow... 6 followers already!

Well, after a "decent" night sleep... we have started our morning off with breakfast, swim and a hot tub.  All before 9 a.m.  Dan and Tyson are actually off "hiring" a car to drive around Sydney and area.  Should be interesting actually driving on the other side of the road.  Dan may be slightly nervous, but don't tell him I told you.  Truth be told, I'm more nervous about doing the driving, so at least he is facing his fears... I'm hiding behind Pearl... saying I need to stay home and feed her.

As I said yesterday, the flights went well.  Pearl was a champ as Tyson said and did really well along the way.  I think we all thought time was standing still... as when you thought you had been on the plane long enough... you looked at your watch and you still had another 9 hours of flying time.

I was naive enough to think I was going to get a bit of reading done and watch some movies along the way.  Nope... in twenty hours of fly time... I got half a movie in and no reading. Tyson on the other hand got plenty of ipod touch time (at one point I thought it may be fusing to his hand) and he didn't do too bad in the sleep department either.  Trying to fasten a seatbelt on a 120 lb sleeping preteen proved to be challenging at one point in the flight, as we were experiencing turbulence... but Tyson was unaware of it.

Upon arrival in Sydney, Kristi greeted us with her baby bump.  (She looks very good) and then we headed to the Wilson's.  Of course we were greeted with big smiles and a warm welcome.  We did a bit of visiting but the room was spinning I was so tired... so Pearl and I laid down together and Tyson crashed as well.  I think Dan was the only one that toughed it out and made it to bed time without a day time nap.

Pearl's having a nap, so I may just take advantage of this time and read....

No comments:

Post a Comment