Sunday 20 February 2011

No more sleeps... and I'm wishing for one

Like I said before, I'm exhausted with excitement.  And, now that there are no more sleeps left... I'm really wishing for one.  Every time I close my eyes, I think of something else that I may have forgotten.  But, now that we are checked in, past security and sitting in Terminal One, Gate 124... it doesn't matter what I've forgotten.  We've got our passports, credit cards, cash (namely Tyson... thank you to everyone who blessed him before he left on our big adventure) and most importantly each other.

Pearl is doing fine, rolling around on the floor... enjoying life.  Tyson is busy running back and forth on the  moving sidewalk.  Who would have thought stuff from the Jetson's now exists... in real life!!  Just a dream when we were kids.

It's so fun to see Tyson soooo excited about this trip.  He's asking tons of questions, aware of everything around him and begging for the window seat.  Figure this should be fine, as I'll take the aisle to get up and down with Pearl... and Dan will be the glue that keeps us all together!

Needless to say we are very excited about this adventure and can't wait to see all the cool stuff in store for us.

Thank you to everyone who came to Mom and Dad's last night to see us off.  It was good to have one last good meal before plane food.  And, thanks to everyone who sent us off from church this morning, prayed up and inspired to look for provision.  Already saved .25 cents when we found a free cart- sitting waiting for us.  Tyson says "we've made 50 cents and we haven't even left Canada yet".

Just thinking about how different this trip will be from the last two to Australia.  Unbelievable how much changes in 11 years, but then how it doesn't seem like it's been 11 years since I was introduced to the "land down under".

Good time for reflecting I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment